Apr 15, 2012

Bergendy - Beat ablak - Világslágerek (1971)

EAC | FLAC TRACKS+CUE+LOG+Covers | 322 mb+3% recovery

 Bergendy group was founded in 1960 by a company of students from the University of Budapest: Istvan Bergendy (sax, piano, organ, vocals), Peter Bergendy (flute, sax, vocals), Sandor Hajdu (organ, piano, flute, vocals), Gyorgy Oroszlan (guitar, vocals), Norbert Latzin (piano, organ, guitar, bass, vocals), Bela Casaky (drums, vocals), Karoly Gaspar (bass). Later line-ups also included Czaba Debreceni (drums) and Ferenc Demjen (lead vocals, guitar).
Within two years band became a desired guest for any youth club in Budapest area. Won Grand-prix of 1963 national song festival.
1971 saw the release of Bergendy debut LP. Band adopted comic image (aka clown stage dresses, unusual haircuts, pantomime, etc.), but presented a rather serious and solid blend of jazz, pop and rock in finest traditions of Chicago and Blood, Sweat and Tears.
Released a highly interesting (but obscure) album of cover versions of Western pop and rock standards, remembered mostly because of inclusion of a weird version of Deep Purple 1969 smash Black Night with horns playing main riff. Enjoyed success with three more Hungarian albums in mid-70s.

1. Tramp - részelet (Otis Redding)
2. The Neanderthal Man (Kevin Godley)
3. The Witch (The Rattles)
4. Black Night (Deep Purple)
5. Tip Toe Trou' The Tulips With Me (Tiny Tim)
6. Montego Bay (Bobby Bloom)
7. In The Summertime (Mungo Jerry)
8. Aquarius, Let The Sunshine In (The Fifth Dimension)
9. My Sweet Lord (George Harrison)
10. 25 Or 6 To 4 (Chicago)
11. Gimme Dat Ding (The Pipkins)
12. Show Me Your Hand (White Plains)
13. Dizzy (Tommy Roe)
14. Tramp - részelet (Otis Redding)



===========
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
===========

9 коммент.:

Anonymous said...

At first many many thanks for the great job you've done. I think your love to this kind of music as my love. I would like to download the "Bergendy"... Great cove of "Black Night" and I would know the rest of this record... but... I cannot read or speak the russian language... Plase can you help me... many thanks from Germany and I love your blog very much.. looking every day...

hanalex said...

Thank you for your kind words.
Try reading here how to use iFfolder:
http://persevalk.blogspot.com/p/how-to-use-ifolder.html
If not, write to me, I will re-upload Bergendy a suitable host for you...
Good luck!

juan manuel muñoz said...

thanks for this too, my friend, cheers

Rogerio M. Schirach said...

Hi, Mr Hanalex, I'm don't can make the download, because my google translator don't translate all that we need to make the download. Like mr "Anonymous", can you re-post this album on Rapidshare, or "free text host" like the album "Hungaria"? This was easy for me make the download.
I"m Oldbitch very good friend, it's a very crazy rocker, I speak with him every day (On MSN), and I make 5 or 6 downloads from Bordel and Boyz (and another blogs) every day (I'm an old rocker too).
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
MrRockeveryday

hanalex said...

@Rogerio M. Schirach:
OK, added a link on Rapidshare :-)

Rogerio M. Schirach said...

Many thanks, download it's running.......If you will know an crazy band, with good guitar player, the band it's "Olive", I don't have more informations from this band.
MrRockeveryday

hanalex said...

@Rogerio M. Schirach
Unfortunately, nobody has much information about this group.
The Japanese probably know ... Were you here?
http://prognotfrog.blogspot.com/2011/10/olive-olive-japan-1976.html

melantropus said...

file is deleted

hanalex said...

Link renewed:
http://boyzmakenoyze.blogspot.ru/2013/08/re-post-bergendy-beat-ablak.html